- Stacks of business cards not yet entered into my address book
- Sticky notes that are actually sticky (from spilled coffee, jam-and-toast crumbs, etc.)
- Out-of-date calendar pages
- Bills that have not been filed
- Bills that have not been paid (getting to that today)
- Dog-eared magazine articles
- A spent candle that smells so good that I cannot part with it
- Remains of my 2012 taxes preparation forms
- Old birthday cards
The list goes on and on and on. For the record, I am not a packrat, nor a hoarder. However, I have a definitive character flaw that directly affects the neatness around my desk: laziness. I can think of a thousand things I'd rather do than file bills and paperwork. Bor-ring.
But, it's the equinox, it's spring and there is no time like the present!