March 20, 2013

Spring Cleaning

I'm not ready to tackle any closets yet, but I am interested in a little spring cleaning around my workspace. It's pretty scary how much of the following has built up around my desk:
- Stacks of business cards not yet entered into my address book
- Sticky notes that are actually sticky (from spilled coffee, jam-and-toast crumbs, etc.)
- Out-of-date calendar pages
- Bills that have not been filed
- Bills that have not been paid (getting to that today)
- Dog-eared magazine articles 
- A spent candle that smells so good that I cannot part with it
- Remains of my 2012 taxes preparation forms
- Old birthday cards

The list goes on and on and on. For the record, I am not a packrat, nor a hoarder. However, I have a definitive character flaw that directly affects the neatness around my desk: laziness.  I can think of a thousand things I'd rather do than file bills and paperwork. Bor-ring.

But, it's the equinox, it's spring and there is no time like the present!  

someusefulidioms.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have anything nice to say, do not sign your comment Anonymous!