February 27, 2013

Lifetime Student

No, I'm not referring that acquaintance we all have that is always signing up for a new graduate degree. (How will they ever pay down their school loans?!) I like to think that a lifetime student is anyone who enjoys and appreciates diversifying their expertise, adding to a skill set or applying new approaches to solve problems. (There's always clown college.)   

I really love these "Rules for Students", written by Sister Corita Kent of Immaculate Heart College in Los Angeles. Sister Corita strikes me as a left-brain-right-brain thinker: someone talented at applying logic into creative, artistic forms.  I especially love Rule 9 and the Helpful Hints.

www.brainpickings.org

"Always be around." Pretty awesome advice.

You can learn more about Sister Corita's wisdom and art here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have anything nice to say, do not sign your comment Anonymous!