January 25, 2013

A Desk for Small Spaces

I currently work on a hand-me-down Parsons Desk and, while it's in much need of refinishing, I could never imagine replacing it. (I'm currently wavering between glossy white or a bright lacquer red.) Here are the upsides: it's highly functional with sturdy legs, two drawers and plenty of room for my laptop and daily essentials. It doesn't distract from anything else in the room or scream for attention on its own. The downsides: it's small, which can be both a blessing and a curse. The size forces me to be organized, but also limits the amount of projects I can work on at once.


westelm.com

westelm.com

The company west elm has the best range of Parsons Desks that I've seen, customizable by size, shape and finish. You can learn more about the history of these desks and peruse the whole collection here. I love the cloth-covered and bone inlay versions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not have anything nice to say, do not sign your comment Anonymous!